What We Believe
At Harvest Evangelistic Association, we believe in:
1) The verbal, plenary inspiration of the Scriptures, commonly known as The Bible. The Bible, containing the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments, is preserved, infallible, complete, and without error. It is the supreme and final authority in all matters on which it speaks.
2) One true God, eternally existing in three persons–Father, Son and Holy Spirit. God has always been God, and will always be God.
3) The virgin birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is true man and God, who in his incarnation was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. His life was entirely without sin.
4) The perfect sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross as an atonement for sin. His sacrifice satisfied divine justice and accomplishes salvation for all who trust in him alone.
5) The burial and resurrection from the dead of Jesus Christ. He rose from the dead in the same body now glorified. He then ascended into Heaven where, at the right hand of God, he continually makes intercession for us, and is the only mediator between God and man.
6) The Holy Spirit, who regenerates the believing sinner. The Holy Spirit indwells, guides, instructs and empowers the believer for Godly living and service. He also convicts the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment.
7) The fall of man. The first man, Adam, was originally created in the image of God. He sinned by disobeying God; thus, he became alienated from God. Adam’s sin brought divine condemnation to all mankind. Man’s nature is now corrupted. All mankind has sinned, and come short of the glory of God.
8) Salvation as the gift of God, and not of any work or merit on man’s part. Salvation is by grace through faith. Anyone who trusts in Jesus Christ alone for salvation has God’s righteousness imputed to him.
9) The coming again to the earth of Jesus Christ. He will come again personally, bodily, and visibly to establish his kingdom.
10) The resurrection of the just and the unjust. Believers in Jesus Christ will be resurrected unto eternal glory, and unbelievers will be resurrected unto eternal punishment in the lake of fire.
11) The assembling together of believers in Jesus Christ for worship, edification, and encouragement. All believers are commanded to proclaim the good news of salvation through Jesus Christ throughout the world and to disciple men of every nation.